SMFA Student Affairs
Student Affairs provides services, resources, and support systems to strengthen student life and build community, both on the SMFA campus and on the Medford/Somerville campus.
Our SMFA-based Student Affairs Team works closely with the larger Tufts Office of Student Affairs for the Schools of Arts and Sciences and Engineering so our students are fully supported on both campuses.
Our highly-trained staff are experienced at counseling students on a variety of matters pertaining to student life and personal matters.
We also strive to enrich your educational experience outside the classroom, and provide a range of co-curricular programs, services, and opportunities meant to promote artistic, personal, and professional development.
We are here to help build community. Whether you’re having a coffee in the atrium between classes, making work in the animation studio, looking for next steps to further your practice, or attending the opening of an exhibition, you’ll be surrounded by people who know your name.
Our Student Affairs team works with a number of Campus Partners to support students in the following areas:
- Housing (on- and off-campus) and Residential Life
- Career Services and professional development
- Orientation and Pre-Orientation programming for new students
- Health and Wellness resources including Counseling and Mental Health Service (CMHS)
- Diversity and Inclusion Resources
- International student support through the Tufts International Center
- Medical Leave of Absences
SMFA Student Affairs Contacts
SMFA Office: 617-627-0050
Medford Office: 617-627-3158