Activities & Organizations
Student organizations at SMFA and Tufts serve both educational and social functions, giving students the opportunity to engage with others, develop valuable collaboration and leadership skills, build meaningful connections and friendships, and have a lot of fun!
Our students come together on political and cultural issues, as well as individual interests. Some of our most popular student groups are:
- SMFA Student Government Association
- The Animation Club
- SMFA Artists of Color Union
- Horror Club
- Knitting Club
- Performance Club
- Punk Farmer's Union
- Skate Sculpture Club
- SMFA Yoga Club
In addition to SMFA-based groups and clubs, our students are also active in the over 300 Tufts student organizations supported by Tufts Office of Campus Life.
Events and Outings
SMFA Student Affairs hosts many events during the year. Some of our most popular events include:
- SPROM - Loved your prom? Hated it? Never been to prom? Here’s your chance to experience prom at the SMFA. Brought to you by the SMFA Student Government organization.
- DUNCH - The Office of Residential Life and Learning hosts an annual afternoon picnic on the Charles River near the Beacon Street Residence Halls.
- SMFA Sidewalk Sale - Our popular student sidewalk sale occurs annually in mid-May. Shop creative and original works including paintings, drawings, jewelry, T-shirts, ceramics, prints, and much more.
- Art Sale - Featuring thousands of works from SMFA students, alumni, faculty, and community members, this annual Art Sale held every November is not to be missed.
The school regularly organizes trips through the Office of Student Affairs to art hubs like New York City, museums such as MassMoca and the ICA Boston, and local art centers like the SoWa district.