The safety of our community is a top priority.
If a Tufts University campus closes due to snow, it will be announced via the following channels. These are the only official sources of a snow-related closing announcement.
If necessary, any additional details about the status of the School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts University will be posted on this page.
Visit http://announcements.tufts.edu for further weather-related updates.
- By web at the Tufts University homepage
- By emailvia a message from CampusClosings@tufts.edu
- By Twitter via @TuftsUniversity
- By phone by calling 617-627-INFO (4636) for the Boston and Medford/Somerville campuses; 508-839-6124 for the Grafton campus
- By television and radio on TV channels 4 WBZ, 5 WCVB, and 7 WHDH, and AM Radio 680 & 1030
For information about preparing for winter storms, please visit the Public Safety website: http://emergency.tufts.edu
When the university closes, Tufts Dining maintains essential services for students on meal plans who reside on campus. Carmichael and Dewick-MacPhie Dining Centers remain open during weather emergencies, and are available for students on meal plans, or students who wish to purchase a meal using JumboCash or Cash. You must present your Tufts ID to gain access when using a meal plan or JumboCash, just like any other day of service.
If a student is in need of medical advice or mental health care, please page the Tufts police at 617-627-3030 (x73030 on campus), and they will page a clinician on call to assist you.
If the Medford/Somerville/SMFA campus is closed – shuttles do not operate. All announcements are posted on the real-time GPS software (DoubleMap).